Job Title: Production Worker
Maintain the continuous flow and movement of packaged ice, in order to sustain high production capability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate an electric pallet jack in a safe and efficient manner; moving completed pallets from palletizer to wrapper and into freezer.
- Stack 10lb blocks of ice onto a standard size pallet. Must be done neat and square.
- Aid in the monitoring of robotic palletizer, balers and conveying equipment.
- On rare occasion, stack a variety of products; ranging from 20lb bags to 40lb bales, onto standard size pallets. Must be done neat and square.
- Help monitor product quality including; bags not properly sealed, foreign objects, misprinted packaging or any other deviations from standards.
- Learn to start and stop the line when needed.
- Keep the area safe and report potential hazards to supervisor.
- Cleaning immediate work area and entire facility according to the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by Production Supervisor or Plant Manager.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Some decision making ability. Occasionally shut down the line when defects are noted or safety violations observed. Must work in a safe and responsible manner to protect personnel and property.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
Exposure to: fluctuating temperatures in various departments, ammonia and moving equipment. Some heavy lifting required (50 lbs. plus). While performing duties the employee is required to use fingers, arms and hands. Employee is required to continuously walk or stand. Employee must be able to lift and stack up to 40lbs repeatedly throughout a shift, when required.
Employee must be at least 18 years of age. Must have High School diploma or GED with the ability to count numbers and complete simple paperwork. Experience with an electric pallet jack or fork lift a plus.