Job Title: Route Driver
Location: Bangor / Sanford
Reports To: Route Supervisor
Responsible for timely, safe, and accurate delivery of packaged ice and or ice cream products to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct Store Delivery (DSD)
- Review route assignment before leaving on route. Discuss with supervisor if necessary.
- Check all equipment (handhelds, printers, dollies, etc. ) prior to starting route.
- Check on truck before and after route.
- Pre-Trip check of vehicle before leaving.
- Report any mechanical problems to Route Supervisor
- Deliver product to include:
- Determine best entrance to parking lot / dock and park vehicle in safe manner
- Check merchandiser, pull outdated or junk product, re-stack product if necessary.
- Check with store personnel for receiving procedure.
- Verify amount of product being delivered and verify any credits with store manager. Enter product codes into handheld.
- Stock merchandiser or ice cream freezer with products.
- Mop floor or clean up around delivery area.
- Get receiving personal to sign ticket or handheld
- Collect for cash customers.
- Resolve delivery problems with store manager if necessary
- Call in any merchandiser or ice cream freezer problems to Route Supervisor.
- Report all accidents or injuries to supervisor no matter how small.
- Return to dock after completing deliveries.
- Clean out cab and back of vehicle and straighten up and re-stack pallets if necessary.
- Turn in all paperwork and recap handheld after check in.
- Supervise and train helper while on route.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
Exposed to wide changes in temperatures going in and out of truck and stores and exposed to weather and travel conditions on a constant basis.
- High amount of energy required
- Must be able to climb in and out of a truck 30-40 times per day using a hand rail and two or three steps.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds frequently throughout the day.
Responsibilities For Property, funds and Information:
Accountable for Safe operation of motor vehicle and notification of maintenance problems of equipment used. Also responsible for cash, checks and all paperwork collected on route. Has access to pricing information and client list.
Applicants must have clean driving record, a valid class A or B license, pass background check and pass DOT physical and drug screening. Experience in DSD delivery. Must be available weekends and Holidays during peak summer month